Thursday 12 September 2013

Brian Lara to assist T&T for CLT20

Champions League T20 news

Lara to assist T&T for CLT20

Brian Lara will travel with the Trinidad & Tobago team for the upcoming Champions League T20 in India, although he will not be a formal part of the management group. Lara had performed a similar role as unofficial adviser to the T&T franchise during the recently concluded Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
"It's an honour to be part of the upcoming trip. I'm happy to be associated with Trinidad & Tobago's participation. We have a team that will make us proud," Lara said. "I am just going to be there, not a part of management but as a former cricketer. I am willing to lend a hand in any way I can. I hope I will have a chance to interact with the guys while in India and in whatever way I can help."
Having recently been called an instrumental adviser by West Indies limited-overs captain, Dwayne Bravo, Lara was eager to continue in such a capacity. "I have always had an open door policy and I look forward to working with you guys (the cricketers), the management, the captain, Denesh Ramdin, and all the other players."
Bravo was optimistic about Lara's role within the team: "Brian's always giving us advice as a team and individually. He also boosts my confidence as a captain and loves helping T&T cricket," Bravo had said at the recently concluded CPL.
Bravo will line up for Chennai Super Kings this edition but Lara was keen to point out that with Sunil Narine, Denesh Ramdin, and other exciting youngsters such as Adrian Barath and Nicholas Pooran coming to the fore, he expected T&T to be competitive.

 

Thanks in advance for lending your support to the T&T team Brian...welcome back home...hope that management gives you a chance to work with this young squad. Your batting knowledge will do well for the likes of guys like Barath, Simmons, Dinesh, Darren and Pooran. These guys are the backbone of T&T's batting attack and I wish you and the team well in India.

If this is the Chapions League T20 page, why does "IPLT20" have a link at the top of it....the IPL is not the ony league contributiing teams to this competition...shows how much disrespect that the indians have for things not theirs....its just disappointing....#thumbsdown#

As a Trinidadian, I think this move is long overdue. I can't exactly say whose fault it is, but I consider it to be water under the bridge for now. I also feel that this is the strongest T&T team to be present at the CLT20, apart from the one that was the runner up in the inaugural tournament. @ BRUTALANALYST, I don't think the batting is as weak as it is thought to be, these guys just need to put up their hands. Ten members of the team have already represented the West Indies senior team including Ramdin, Barath, Bravo, Simmons, Mohammed, Emrith and Narine, all of whom can bat. Rampaul also has an unbeaten half-century against India, which was scored in India. So it's just a matter of putting together good performances. Let's not forget Pooran who can hit the ball a long way at 17 years old. He can only get stronger and better with time. We just need early wins to give us that impetus....Go T&T!!!

@FAB because there hasn't been a CLT20 since the last regional Caribbean T20 T&T won. I imagine next yr Jamaica will be there or whoever wins the next CPL.

On a side note I wonder if Lara will stay on in India for the W.I tour and give support and batting guidance that would be great, I'm sure he will be in attendance for Sachin's last game either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment